Tuesday, December 13, 2011

25 Days of Christmas and Holiday Series: Day 13

Ring For A Drink Pier One Knock Off

I was shopping for a few little things in my local Pier One Imports store a few weeks back and I saw these...
Drink Bell
I thought, "Oh, I could so buy that bell for a few of my girlfriends, how hysterical!!"  But for $6, I thought it was kinda plain looking.  That same day, I was in my local Dollar Tree and saw these...



Well.....you probably know where this is going.  I bought 5 of them and brought them home for a little The Homeless Finch treatment.  Within 30 seconds, I had one of them out in the back testing my Valspar Spray Paint.  Yep...didn't even set up a proper paint area and YES, there is still red paint over spray on the half dead lawn.  Oh well...

I didn't take this project too seriously.  I painted one red, one green, left one silver, added fine silver glitter to another and hot pinked up the last one. 

I played around with the message portion, handwriting it and in a few cases, trying out stickers.  I top them all off with some sort of bow treatment. 


Here are the results:




This is one silly creation, but why not?!! It's a funny little token gift to take along with you to a holiday party.  After all, it's the holidays!  I girl can have a little fun can't she?  Cheers!
Don't forget to come back tomorrow for my
Day 14
of
25 Days of Christmas and Holiday Ideas and Gifts Series!!

-The End-
Linking this post to:



8 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

These are too cute, Lesley! I love how different you were able to make them. These will be such fun gifts!

Jessie said...

They turned out fab!

Cassie Bustamante said...

these are so cute and so funny! i need one! ;)
and guess what i found out- santa will be back at the firehouse for breakfast saturday morning.... guess who is going this time!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Fun stuff Lesley!! I think all my friends need one! :o) Robin

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

These are just too dang adorable...really cute gift. Way better than the Pier 1 version!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I think these are my favorite so far. They are soo cute. You did a great job.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Lesley,

I think we all need one. lol
Very cute!

Dee

Lisa Montsion said...

I love how one of them says ring for a drink.

lisa