Thursday, December 22, 2011

25 Days of Christmas and Holiday Series: Day 22

Last Minute Napkin Ring Idea

So, you probably aren't done have all your shopping done and all your gifts are on your dining room table unwrapped beautifully wrapped under your tree.  You are getting ready to have your pain in the butt relatives lovely family over for a nice meal and time together.  You wish you had taken the time weeks ago to put together a few custom napkin rings for your Holiday table.  Well, I have a  Last Minute Idea on how to throw together something quick, but pretty!! Here's how...

Take Dollar Store plastic shower curtain rings and use ribbons, fabric, raffia and such to wrap the ring, similar to the way I showed you in my very first post in this series Mini-Wreaths. 

Here's what I threw together. 

Wrap the ring with your ribbon or raffia, overlapping
as you proceed.
I wasn't always precise with my wrap up top. Here, I made
it a little bulkier in order to give the bow more stability.

If your ribbon is thin, you can wrap the ring like a candy cane.

Maybe even use a feather boa!

What ever you got laying around or have enough of to wrap the amount of rings you need.  Just make it quick! Time is wasting and Christmas is only a few days away.  I am happy with a few that I put together for you.  One or two, I am not a huge fan of.  But I wanted to show you in case something about it inspired you to do something on your own.  Here are the results...

This leaf really glistens. Photo doesn't pic that up.
With the leaf, I took an image of two others that I made
with snowflakes from the Dollar Store.





So, can you guess which ones I don't like and which ones I like?!!  Do you know my fav? 

The next couple of days I will be bringing you some other last minute ideas, like gift tags and gift bags.  This post was my least favorite of the series.  It was also the last project of the series that I struggled through actually made.  I think it is okay to admit...I am so done. Stick a fork in me.  Make sure you check out the next few...they are better. Promise.  Even my sis, who stopped in my studio today said that she loved them.  She got taste too, that sister of mine.  (She's not one of those pain in the butt relatives by the way.)  I'll keep her around.

So on that note...
Don't forget to come back tomorrow for my
Day 23
of
25 Days of Christmas and Holiday Ideas and Gifts Series!!

-The End-

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Brother....she's buttering me up and I have already bought her gift!!!!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

CUTE! love the feathery one and the bird! i sense a theme... ;) hope you are having fun!!!!

Decor & Harmony said...

Nice! Love the sparkles and snowflakes the best! My dining room table is a wreck :) hopefully I can clean it up tonight.

Unknown said...

love them all ! and worth the time and effort to make up so the table will be so special !

- KAT -

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I actually got a couple of ideas from this post. I'd like to pick up a few of those natural looking round placemats to place on top of my tablecloth and maybe I'll even splurge on some cloth napkins so I can make a few napkin rings. And I've certainly got the time, since it's almost a month 'till our girls can celebrate with us! I love the sparkly blue ones and I think they would be perfect with my red tablecloth. I commend you for having the energy to do a post EVERY day in December!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your first paragraph is a riot Lesley. Great ideas for napkin rings. I'm sure you're exhausted. I don't know where you got the strength to do so many projects. Merry Christmas.

tofubeast said...

I bet and know you're exhausted (hehe), but I am sure your house is more festive than ever before!!! I also look forward to your 25 days of President's Day series come February. I really need to get cracking on my president's day decorating. hehehe (I know you want to throw that fork you used at me!) xoxo

Lisa Montsion said...

I love the red nail polish you used on your nails.

lisa